There are many ways you can contribute to the Education Subcommittee. Read the Tasks below and consider what your role might be - connecting with other members to get their input, collect sponsorships from businesses, or help plan amazing conferences!
Interested in becoming involved in the Education Subcommittee? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tasks of the Educational Subcommittee
The Educational Subcommittee is assigned to complete multiple tasks:
- Work within an annual budget that is provided and approved by the WAMFT Leadership Committee.
- Put a call out for volunteers for the subcommittee.
- Plan webinars, workshops, seminars, and conferences at the direction of WAMFT Leadership Committee:
- includes name, contact information, picture
- includes proposal name and summary
- includes fees and accommodations
- includes available/preferred dates for speaking
Seek out sponsors/exhibitors/advertisers for every webinar, workshop, seminar, and conference
Provide articles to the Networking Subcommittee on prior events, changes in membership, call of volunteers, call for sponsors/exhibitors/advertisers, upcoming events, personal letters to membership from the committee members about their views on issues, etc.
- Identify relevant, research-based, appealing themes/topics to educate membership
- Provide 3-5 options of keynote speakers for every event
- Provide 2-4 options of venue for every event
- Coordinate with the Networking Subcommittee to reach out to membership about every event via Newsletter, email blasts, social media, etc.
- Provide cost/profits ratios to WAMFT Leadership Committee for every event
- Create Event Manuals for every events
- Track membership engagement and identify potential new members via events