Want to make your voice heard for concerns facing family therapists in healthcare? Interested in getting involved in advocacy efforts? We support efforts in a number of areas related to family therapists in healthcare and are interested in working with our members to address specific concerns at their local or state levels.
- MFTs and the ability to diagnose and treat
- MFTs and Medicaid
- MFTs and billing
- Resources for promoting and building integrated care
Specific to Families in Healthcare, we will provide talking points appropriate for and instructions for how to do the following:
- Social media including Facebook and Twitter
- Letters to the editor
- Email campaigns to state representatives, legislators, etc
- Phone calls to representatives’ offices
- Direct meetings with legislators, representatives
- Testifying before congress
The Family TEAM is AAMFT’s advocacy arm that works to promote the profession of marriage and family therapy and help teach members ways to advocate for MFT needs in their community. Our Family TEAM liaison is Lisa Zak-Hunter, PhD, LMFT. Please contact her if you have further questions about how to become involved with larger AAMFT advocacy efforts.