Advancing clinical practice, research, policy, and leadership of family therapists across the continuum of health and healthcare systems.
The Family Therapists in Healthcare TIN (FTH) provides a synergistic opportunity for family therapists to foster curiosity, dialogue, investigation, education, and advocacy in the broad and rapidly-changing healthcare environments.
Our strategies for achieving our aim are as follows:
- facilitate the exchange and dissemination of resources for clinical, teaching, policy and research activities
- develop an active network of MFT clinicians, supervisors, researchers, and teachers working in healthcare
- advance family systems-based healthcare practice, research, and education
How do we do this?
In order to accomplish these aims, the TIN will:
- organize training opportunities at the AAMFT conference to bring together the community of family health clinicians, researchers, policy/advocacy movers, and educators
- provide on-line trainings and in-person gatherings on specific topics related to family systems-based healthcare for clinicians, supervisors, educators, and researchers
- provide a dedicated website to share resources with the community of family health practitioners, researchers, teachers and patients
- develop and support collaborations between members through communication at in-person and on-line offerings (e.g. webinars and social media)
- collaborate with existing networks and associations which share a similar purpose
- promote advocacy efforts to build knowledge, funding, and employment opportunities for family therapists in healthcare
Sources of funding
The sources of funding for the networks’ core activities and specific projects come from a mixture of membership fees, revenue from TIN offerings, and support from AAMFT.