The mission of the Queer and Trans Advocacy Network is to connect AAMFT members who are interested in and passionate about sexual and gender minority (SGM) issues within the practice and scholarship of systemic relational therapy.
Members may identify as a SGM, work with SGM clients, or simply want to learn more about SGM health and well-being. Together we plan to increase professional competency to better serve all SGM clients, to create a professional network and enable peer support, and to advocate for SGM health and well-being.
As a member you will have access to:
- A dedicated discussion forum;
- Quarterly webinars focused on clinical practice with SGM clients;
- Members' events at the national conference;
- A website offering professional resources for training, consultation, best practices, and resources for the public;
- Advocacy efforts to address legislation impacting SGM health and well-being at national and state levels.