Please click Apply Today! to apply for yourself or to nominate someone else.
AAMFT recognizes up to one member annually for this award which was established in order to recognize and encourage the use of media to:
- Effectively portray marriage and family therapists’ exceptional and substantive contribution to health and mental health care;
- Promote the profession of marriage and family therapy to the public; or
- Significantly contribute to family well-being.
Process: This award may be self-nominated or nominated by a third party and does not need to be a member of AAMFT. Submissions are encouraged from all popular media, including, but not limited to, newspapers, magazines, radio, television, blogs, and social media. Entries must have been published or broadcast in the previous year.
Letter of Recommendation: All self-nominations require a letter of recommendation to be submitted with materials.
Award: The award consists of:
· An engraved plaque presented at our Annual Conference.
· Reimbursement of up to $500 per recipient for travel to the Annual Conference*.
· The conference registration fee will also be waived for the award recipient(s).
*AAMFT will reimburse up to the total of $500 for economy class airfare, transportation to/from airport/hotel, meals per AAMFT allowances for the one day of the ceremony, and one night's hotel stay at one of the AAMFT conference hotels (at the special discounted rate) for the night of the ceremony. You must submit itemized receipts upon your return from the conference.
Announcements: Announcements of award winners will be distributed via the eNews and other platforms as they apply.