Please click Apply Today! to apply for yourself or to nominate someone else.
Since 1991, the AAMFT Research and Education Foundation has honored up to three members each year for distinctive organizational contributions to the Association.
Process: This award may be self-nominated by an AAMFT member or nominated by another AAMFT member. Nominators must submit a curriculum vita of the person being nominated and a written statement of ways that the nominee demonstrates distinctive organizational contributions.
Nominees must be an AAMFT member for at least five years and show significant leadership in two of the following criteria:
- As an association officer.
- As an AAMFT Board, committee, or commission member, or former division leader;
- By achieving passage of federal policies and programs which promote marriage and family therapists;
- By promoting marriage and family therapy on a national level;
- By promoting family well-being through public policies.
Letter of Recommendation: All self-nominations require a letter of recommendation to be submitted with materials.
Award: The award consists of:
- An engraved plaque presented at our Annual Conference.
- Reimbursement of up to $1,000 per recipient for travel to the Annual Conference.
- The conference registration fee will also be waived for the award recipient(s).
*The AAMFT Foundation will reimburse up to the total of $1,000 for economy class airfare, transportation to/from airport/hotel, meals per AAMFT allowances for the one day of the ceremony, and one night's hotel stay at one of the AAMFT conference hotels (at the special discounted rate) for the night of the ceremony. You must submit itemized receipts upon your return from the conference. Alcohol will not be reimbursed.
Announcements: Announcements of award winners will be distributed via the eNews and other platforms as they apply.