As we continue to adjust to changes daily, the Board would like to provide you with updates and resources to help you navigate the current public health crisis. The Board will continue to update this page as soon as possible with additional updates/resources. Connecticut Specific Updates/Resource:
General COVID-19 Updates:
- CTAMFT has written a letter to Governor Lamont requesting adjustments which will continue to support our MFT's in providing the much needed mental health services to our clients. This letter has asked Governor Lamont to allow exceptions for CEU's, allow for teletherapy/telesupervision contact hours to count towards licensure, as well as for insurance reimbursement parity for teletherapy services. A copy of the letter can be found here: COVID-2020-Gov-Letter_2020-03-27-2.pdf
- Connecticut continues to have various changes at the state level daily. You may find the latest updates on the state portal, found here.
- Mental Health Specific resources in Connecticut, which may be helpful for clients and/or others who are struggling at this time, can be found here.
- Governor Lamont issued Executive Order 7DD suspending the continuing education requirements for marital and family therapists. Licensees with expiration dates between March 10, 2020 and February 28, 2021 are not required to complete the continuing education required for license renewal.
- CTAMFT has sent a second letter to the Insurance Commissioner regarding difficulties MFTs have been experiencing with reimbursement and processing of claims. You may find the letter here: COVID-19-FOLLOW-UP-4-28-2020.pdf
- CTAMFT is currently working with DPH to allow teletherapy and telesupervision hours to count towards licensure.
- CTAMFT has Issued a follow up letter to the Insurance Commissioner, Governor, and Commissioner of Public Health requesting them to extend current teletherapy coverage. Our lobbyist is also involved in a team of various mental health professions working on extending this coverage. You may find CTAMFT's letter here.
- CTAMFT has partnered with other Mental Health Associations across the state to begin legislative efforts in teletherapy parity. For the collaborative letter, please click here.
- Wondering how AAMFT is responding to COVID-19? AAMFT has a webpage dedicated to updates regarding COVID-19, which can be found here. This page provides relevant information, including resources on teletherapy.
- For information provided from the CDC regarding COVID-19, please visit this link.
- AAMFT has compiled a list of recommendations and resources related to teletherapy. These can be found here.
- The US Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) has provided information regarding HIPAA and teletherapy during the current crisis. You can find more information on ways to remain in compliance with these adjusted HIPAA rules here.
- Motivo is providing 2 months free tele-supervision, click here for more information.
- AAMFT is providing 25% off all AAMFT Teneo courses, now through the end of April: use code SPRING25 at checkout
- CTAMFT is continuing to look into ways to adapt upcoming in-person CEU events into webinar-based trainings, our education committee will continue to update members.