Restriction on Use of Content
Members Only Sections and Confidentiality of Login Information
Some sections of the Site are restricted to AAMFT members only. To access those sections of the Site, you must login using your username and password. Your username and password must be kept confidential. You are responsible for all posts made from your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account, please notify AAMFT immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. AAMFT is not responsible for any resulting loss or damage caused by your failure to maintain your username and password in a confidential manner.
Termination of Access
Your Conduct on the Site and AAMFT’s Reservation of Rights
You are expressly prohibited from posting or distributing any content, statements, documents, materials, and/or attachments that are defamatory, libelous, slanderous, or malicious against any person, including, but not limited to, any AAMFT member, AAMFT or Division officer or employee, or any other individual, corporation, association, entity or any other person, or that are in violation of the laws of the nations of the United States and Canada, including any state or provincial laws, and including, but not limited to, the anti-trust, defamation, libel, or intellectual property laws of these nations.
By accessing and using the Site, you warrant and represent that:
- You are contributing only copyright-free material and that you have the right to grant AAMFT a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable right and license to reproduce postings and comments placed on the Site.
- Your use of the Site will comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
By accessing and using the Site, you acknowledge and agree that:
- AAMFT reserves the right to reproduce postings and comments placed on the Site.
- The content provided on the Site is for informational purposes only. If you need specific advice (for example, clinical, legal, financial, or risk management) please seek a professional who is licensed or knowledgeable in that area.
- AAMFT makes no representation that any materials, information, products or services available on the Site, are appropriate or available for use outside the United States. If you access the Site from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws in your jurisdiction.
- AAMFT assumes no responsibility to screen or review content that is originated by users of the Site or other third parties. AAMFT shall have the right, but not the obligation, in its sole discretion to review, refuse, monitor, edit or remove any content that is available on the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Site and any Content are provided on an “as is” basis. Your use of the Site is solely at your own risk. AAMFT does not guarantee the validity, completeness, quality, or adequacy of the Content contained on the Site. AAMFT expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to the Site and any Content, whether express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. By using the Site, you assume the risk that the Content may be inaccurate, incomplete, or offensive or that the information may not meet your particular needs or requirements.
Limitation of Liability
AAMFT disclaims, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, reliability, availability, completeness, legality or operability of the Site and/or its Content. By using the Site you acknowledge that AAMFT is not responsible or liable for any harm caused by (1) the use or inability to use the Site; (2) downloading information contained on the Site, including but not limited to downloads of content posted by users or other third parties; (3) unauthorized disclosure of information that results from the upload, download or storage of content provided by users or other third parties; (4) viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any other similar contamination or destructive programs; (5) any link provided in connection with the Site, including those links provided by users or other third parties; or (6) any matter otherwise related to your use of the Site.
Accuracy of Products Depicted on Site
In regards to products offered for purchase through the Site, AAMFT does not guarantee that the colors, font types, design, paper stock and/or detail, as displayed by your monitor, will be accurate and we assume no responsibility whatsoever for any variations in color, design and details.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless AAMFT, its Divisions, committees, and affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, and contractors, against any claims, demands, costs, losses, judgments, or damages, made by, or on behalf of, any other person, including any government or private entity, arising out of your use of the Site and/or any content, statements, documents, materials, and attachments posted or distributed by you in any manner on the Site.
Any of the trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights, personality rights or similar rights that are mentioned, used or cited on the Site are the property of their respective owners. You are expressly prohibited from using or displaying such marks without the prior written consent of AAMFT or the owner of the mark in question.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(2), the contact information for AAMFT's designated agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement in connection with the Site is:
112 South Alfred St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
To file a notice of infringement with AAMFT, please provide written notification consistent with 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3). At a minimum, the written notification must contain the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.